Workout Guide(Self-Paced): Part One
Workout Plan based on free workout content online
Prepared by Njagi Ndungo
OVERVIEW & PURPOSE
This workout plan is intended at keeping you active for the day while helping you stay active throughout the day. You’re probably reading this with a specific goal in mind, say lose weight, lose tummy fat, etc. Have no worry, these plans will be updated with time to fit your specific needs.
For now, just start with this 3–4 week get-active workout program. Then the real work will be added there. However, the guide will send you to various workouts on the internet each day. Be active, you need it. Here goes something;
PHASE ONE: GET ACTIVE
Warmup: Try this running warm-up before going out to run.
- A long slow run: Download a running app for this, preferably the run tracker app. Run at a pace that you can speak, but should not be able to complete a full statement without taking a breath. Write down the distance and add 0.25km each Monday.
- 30 minute Self Workout: The Monday Cardio Session.
Tuesday: Fullbody HIIT workout
Back to the self YouTube Channel for this one: The Full body HIIT Session
Wednesday: Stretch and take a walk,
Thursday: Full body Strength
I would recommend the CrossFit WOD app, however, that does require basics to be learned first. Instead, do this simple full-body CrossFit workout.
- A long slow run: Download a running app for this, preferably the run tracker app. Run at a pace that you can speak, but should not be able to complete a full statement without taking a breath. Write down the distance and add 0.25km each Monday. Run the same distance as this past Monday
- 30 minute Self Workout: The Friday Cardio Session.
Sunday: Rest and Meditate
Your mind needs to rest too, so try meditating each week on early Sunday morning before going out to church, work, or doing any other activity.
After Each workout remember to stretch, here’s a guide;
- Running cool down: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_pxwij2UA4
- HIIT and cardio cooldown; are provided in the workout video